Monday, April 15, 2013

You know what really gets me? When people have a last name that is also their occupation. Like someone named "Singer" who sings, or a mechanic named "Hood." I don't have a problem with the general idea, since this is how we got last names in the first place (you know, way back in the olden days). My thing is- which came first with these people??? Did they choose their profession because of their last name? Or did they change their last name to match their chosen profession? Chicken or egg, people???!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to start a list. So far I have:

    - Chef Dan Eaton (hosts "Cooking at Home" segment on NY1)
    - Mark Bittman (American food journalist)
    - Alan Greenspan (American economist, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve)

    ReplyDelete